Am I Eligible
Any student who checks box 53 on the FAFSA or self-identifies as falling under the following:
- are in/have been in foster care
- a homeless youth who has been involved with CYS/CPS
How to Get Started
- Would you like learn about the Fostering Lions Program, offered at all Penn State campuses? If so, contact Cheri McConnell, Fostering Lions Program Coach, via e-mail or by phone at 814-865-2193.
- If you are a PA resident and were discharged or adopted from foster care at the age of 16 or later - you may qualify for the Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program which covers any balance remaining on tuition and fees after all grants/scholarships are awarded. Cheri McConnell is the Point of Contact for ALL Penn State campuses.
- Visit Penn State’s Undergraduate Admissions page for information on applying, academics, campuses, etc.
- Visit Penn State’s Financial Aid page for assistance with applying for aid.
Interested in a Presentation
Feel free to contact Cheri - she will come to your location to tell students about the program/do a zoom meeting for an individual or group, etc.